JustAFewPrettyThings African Jewellery collection


Trends come and go, and style evolves. It's important to have pieces of jewelry that are timeless and look chic despite ever-changing fashions.
~Karen Elson~

Accessories has to be one of my favourite things to wear. When I don't have enough time to construct a outfit that matches (which is most of the time) I just throw on some jewellery. It makes it look like I'm   'well put together' as it gives a finishing look to your outfit. 

It can bring colour or it can turn your basic look to a statement look.

I know I mention this a lot, but I love discovering different cultures, and trying a few things here and there from food to traditional wear and jewellery. This world has so much to offer, and each and every country has it's unique characteristic that we can learn from.


Quiet a while ago, I started with just African shape earrings and now, well I think my African jewellery/accessories collection is growing. Beaded work reminds me so much of the colourful tribes of Africa such as the Zulu tribe in South Africa and of course where this jewellery is handmade from, Kenya.


Kenya which is situated in the East of Africa has over 40 different tribes and of course I'm pretty sure we have all heard of The Maasai tribe. 

Kenya has a diverse range of languages by which the tribes speak from the Bantu speaking tribes, the Nilotic speaking tribes as well as the Cushitic speaking tribes. 



What I love with the tribes is that when it comes to the jewellery, there isn't just one piece worn, whereas, I would find wearing too much jewellery will over power the whole outfit. I think i'll give it a go myself and explore laying jewellery almost like layering with clothes.



£4.99 for these babies

 I've literally worn these earrings almost every day. If there is one piece of jewellery I would wear everyday it would be these wooden Africa shaped earrings. Yellow is one of my favourite colours so you can only imagine the pop of colour it adds to all my outfits.


As well as African jewellery, I have made sure to have in my collection some natural hair girl earrings. These definitely are a must wear when the afro is out and because they are made out of wood, it gives a more natural finish to your look.


What was your favourite piece?

All of these came from JustAFewPrettyThings, and you can purchase them from eBay (here).
If you're in Nottingham, even better, you can view them when JustAFewPrettyThings pops up during a market day, visit her instagram page to find out more (here)

Hope you have a wonderful blessed day.
Lots of kisses and hugs 
~zimzygirl~

P.S...
I think I'm getting better at using manual setting on my camera, can you believe the sun had pretty much set and this was all taken with no external lights. Yayyy.

No comments

Post a Comment

© DISCOVERING ZIMZYGIRL

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig