A Last Minute Adventure to Lake District | Zimzygirl Diaries


Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were – Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter.
~Beatrix Potter~ 

Molowani, Hello everyone, みなさんこんにちは.
Hope you are all well and hope you had a wonderful Easter. 
Mine, shall I say was quite fascinating, from having nothing planned for easter to suddenly driving at 12am into the heart of nature. 


LAKE DISTRICT~
Given that this was my second time returning to Lake District, I knew that one day was not going to be enough to capture everything. However, with the way things planned out, it felt almost as if, I had experienced a handful of gratifying events. I don't want to write too much, but rather let you discover it for yourself with the help of the pictures I present to you. P.S this time it was travels with my Grandma, aunt, and cousin~.



A Brief outline~
Lastminute.com defiantly describes me as a whole. Straight after work, I made the journey from Nottingham to 'The Lakes' and after nearly 4 hours of driving I finally reached my destination.(I love night time driving having the roads to yourself sometimes makes life more peaceful and you don't have to worry about racing others).
 For those who have no clue where 'The Lakes' is situated, ill let you know. The Lakes, is situated in Cumbria, it's respective name is given as Lake District, which covers 2362 square kilometres of ground which means it is one of England's most treasured and largest National Parks. Find out more here

A full day's experience~
Sunday came and it was all about discovering the world of Beatrix Potter. First stop, was Beatrix Potter world which is located in the town of Bowness-on-Windermere.If you love short stories and of course a chance to interact with the stories then this place is shorley a place to visit. (Also good if it is a rainy day which surely as we know England to be, it was a rainy day). One note to everyone, is this place is not doubt popular so my recommendation would be to arrive as early in the day.



To continue our Beatrix Potter day, across the Lake, the village (Sawrey) where her house laid, brought more of an understanding of where her inspiration came from. Again, I'm not going to spoil things too much, as I would love you all to explore this place. The village can either be accessed by ferry only 10 minutes or going around the lake which is only a 28 minute's drive. 
Just make sure to stop off for some refreshments and my recommendation would be the tea house which has its popular 'cream tea' which is just over £5. 



The hotel, which I stayed in, was just as if I was in a period drama. I'll let you know, I am incapsulated by period dramas such as Pride and Prejudice, North and South and Sense and Sensibility, those romantic ones. 
First of all tea, then after a relaxed hour or so in the drawing room, dinner was served in the dinning hall which was a 3 course meal and then back into the drawing room for some coffee. In between, I just coundn't help but explore the grounds and of course use the binoculars provided to see beyond the sky-line silver coloured lake. (a big should out to the wonderful Japanese friends I made, that also came to visit the area, thank goodness those Japanese classes came in handy.)


It was surely an experience, even the next morning when it was of course time for me to make my way back to Nottingham,back to work, back to reality. I do recommend, that waking up early in the morning to look upon the lake will give you an appreciation of nature and the aestecically appeasing sight before your eyes. The midst floating upon the hills/mountains and the reflection of the boats upon the still lake made it all picturesque. I do recommend taking the 'dainty ferry' (as my aunty calls it) across the lake to capture the beauty.(it's only £4.00 if you take your car).



Other mentions: definitely the lamas and the sheep, they instantly knew that it was picture time. Check out the lamas posing.
I will of course be coming back again, because seeing the size that Lake District is, there is just so much to see and do, for my mom it will be the charity shops and for me, defiantly going on a hike which I have done a while ago. So of course, the next time I come will be more than just a day. 
Till next time~ 


Have you been to 'The Lakes'?


Photography
@zimzygirl 

Location
Lake District ~Cumbria

Camera
Nikon 3200
iPhone 6

Have a wonderful blessed day everyone. I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little and seeing the lakes from my perspective. I would love you all to experience the wonder sights of England and know that you can do almost anything in the rain. (does that even make sense?)
Lots of kisses and hugs 
~zimzygirl~
xXx


No comments

Post a Comment

© DISCOVERING ZIMZYGIRL

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig